#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Monday, October 17, 2011

Starts

These October skies are one of the reasons I love my morning walks. The other is being with my mom.

I love starting out in pitch black dark, layered in jackets, hats and gloves. I love walking out the door and seeing our breath, knowing that by the time we finish we will be toasty warm maybe borderline hot.

I love our uplifting conversations and never wanting them to be over. I love how I feel so much better when we are done. Physically our muscles ache (we try to do some rolling hills huffin' it and if we feel the need add lunges or jogging). It's a good pain that sets you up for the rest of the day and you know if you do any manual labor it will just be a bonus to your calorie burnage.

I love that mentally and spiritually I feel clean and calm. I learn so much from my mom and we tease each other about our "morning devotionals". Our therapy chats get me through each day and fill me up with positivity and happiness.

And then there is always the bonus of those fairy tale skies. The sunrise has been hitting just about the time we finish climbing our toughest hill. The reward is priceless. Flamingo pink clouds as far as the eye can see. As you go lower to the horizon, it looks like the sky is on fire. Oranges and golds outline the trees. The bright yellow shines against the azure blue. It comes together and hits you with a wave of gratitude.





No comments: