Kendall's preschool class had a field trip to go and see Ranger Jodi and learn all about bats. In a weird way, she got us all excited about Halloween! We learned about all kinds of bat species and in the end, bats are pretty neat. Not at all as creepy as I thought. Interesting fact: One bat eats 1,000 mosquitoes every hour... who knew?
The kids got to touch all the animals in the visitor center. My favorite was the little bear cub and its mama and the most darling porcupine you ever laid eyes on.
Ranger Jodi had a special treat for the kids. She had waited for the kids so that they could watch the six foot snake eat a 8 inch rat. It was pretty amazing. The whole process took 5 minutes from start to finish. I thought the kids would be scared but instead they were fascinated.
After that we walked over to the beach to eat at the playground. I wasn't all that hungry:).



No comments:
Post a Comment