#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Monday, July 27, 2009

Holy Mocus!

The Hillan muggles were off to enjoy a lovely evening together making coxinihas (a delicious Brazilian appetizer that is fried, but my friends, the extra calories are defiantly worth 5 extra workouts to burn off!) and watching Harry Potter.

Making coxinhas is a family affair. Each person fills their dough balls with mozzarella cheese or a yummy chicken mixture. It takes a little while to form the tasty guys and while doing so it is best to have great conversation with the fam- yes, even tiny tots can participate in the fun experience.

All of us were so enthralled that we didn't notice our kitchen, dining room, and living room filling up with a thick, greasy, gray, smoke. When we looked up, the pan of hot oil was only moments away from a disastrous fire!

Justin, thinking fast grabbed the potholders and took the hot oil out in the front hall. I've never been so proud! The doors and windows flew open to ventilate the affected area and the fan was spinning full blast. We were almost on our way to enjoy a salvaged night of coxinha making and that was when I heard the earth shaking explosion. I ran out to see what had happened and my darling husband had thrown ICE CUBES in the boiling oil! Do you know what happens when you do that?

Apparently, he didn't know either!

I'm here to report that everyone is alive and there miraculously were no injuries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! I wish you had a picture of the result!

Leah Finch said...

Hi! I love your stories! I secretly hate that dog but some how feel safer when he's in the back yard. School starts Aug 12th for me the 17th for the girls. We have had a roller coaster of a summer, and a lot of fun, but I'm ready for school, a schedule and the sun to go down at 7:00 ( : I hope your toes are all better - yikes! Love you!