I want to remember this day. Not because something momentous or earth shattering happened but because it was a plain good day.
Morning- Went for a walk around the lake at clemet park during the wee hours and watched the sunrise with mom. Breakfast- no milk, so we all ate eggs and toast. Justin left for work and the kids and I put the soundtrack to Spirit on and started to half clean and half dance. Went from room to room picking up. Grabbed an Aesop Fables book and had a little time out with the kids in the bottom of my disastrous closet next to the shoes. Read more stories. Bathed the boys.
Noon- Papa came over. Made grilled cheese and tomato soup. Justin came home from work to join us. Justin went back to work. Went with Papa to get some paint samples. Stopped by Papa's house and the boys and I went to work weeding the yard- the boys love this because they get to use sharp clippers and dangerous dandelion digger tools. Swept the deck and ate fudge bars. Put on the Backyardigans and took a 40 minute nap.
Evening- Made meatloaf and rosemary potatoes. Ate. Ran to Home Depot to get a few supplies with the fam. Went to Redbox. FHE, jammies, stories and bed for the littles. Patience running a bit thin at this point after lots of whining. Cut Justin's hair, did more laundry and watched a movie on the couch with herbal tea and chips with Justin. Ahhhhh, bedtime.
2 comments:
Sounds like a nice day. You did a lot. Glad you are doing good.
There's a movie called, "The Magic of Ordinary Days". Although I didn't think the movie was a 5 star choice, I must say I fell in LOVE with the title. It sounds like you found a day to fit the description. Heaven!
Post a Comment