Despite the unnecessary craziness that has gone on this week, I wanted my family to focus on the little things that are important to them. I had a great conversation with each and thought I would jot down a bit of what we talked about:
Justin: I have really been enjoying food lately. Burgers, ribeye, and pizza. Food is a normal highlight. It's been great to read magic tree house to the boys- (I think all 3 escape and go on adventures together and then come back rejuvenated for reality). Work is good. Busy good. It's been challenging with lots of new things to learn. I got to climb into a 120 foot raised water tower and look out to see an amazing view. It was windy and cloudy but beautiful nonetheless.
Alisa: I've really had to make an extra effort to focus on what is really important. Busy schedules, stress, drama, and other things that are distracting have really been taking a toll on me. I see it in the way I talk to my kids, brain fog, headaches and exhaustion- a few signs among my red flags. I KNOW now that when these things start to happen, that I need to change something. The healing process is a long journey and to me, it is best if things are calm, peaceful, and simple.
I walked out of our church building and the most delicious fragrant smell hit my nose at 100 mph. Fluffy white bunches of flowers on a bush was the greeting by the door. I was instantly transported to my childhood in my hometown, Farmington. I was lazily laying on the lawn of my grandparents house. I was under the apple tree, in full blossom, taking in deep breaths of the spring air. It was a tad bit chilly and I was wearing my light green windbreaker trying to get away with shorts as a chilly breeze blew. The day was so carefree. In between a few branches of the apple tree I stared up at the blue, blue sky and watched clouds roll by...lions with crowns, big lacy gates with a walkway that stretched to a castle door, and funny faces with tiny elf ears joined my afternoon.
As the week grew more and more hectic, I simply would think of my memory, go on a free vacation for a few moments and shortly feel better.
Nathan: I am writhing a book at my school about my cousins. I ride Tanner's bike and we all go to the mailbox. I liked when we all went swimming this week and dad taught me how to swim. I love all President Monson's talks in conference. I love the temple and he talked about the temples.
Kendall: I liked floating on my back at the pool and eating sandwiches there. I like listening to Jack-in-the-Beanstalk in the car. I liked playing hide and seek with mommy because I'm a good hider.
2 comments:
Amazing photos and amazing words. Love you!
Alisa, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love reading your blog! How are you? I miss you guys!
Post a Comment