I had things organized down to the last perfect detail and by the time we did it, all things derailed.
Justin got off work early so that he could take the boys and I up into the mountains for a scenic drive to see natures hand at work; a swirl of colors deep and rich before the hard freeze hit. This time of year I look so forward to.
Snacks were packed, jackets tucked around our waist, and the camera was ready to capture glorious sights.
I was pushing myself for about a week and about 30 minutes into our journey I became extremely ill in the car. Just as we had pulled off into a field lined with golden aspens and crimson shrub oak bushes I could not move. My heart sank with disappointment as I told Justin we needed to turn around.
I handed him the camera and asked him to snap a few pictures so that later when I was going through the pictures I would be able to enjoy them and see that our family was having a "normal outing" free of a sick mom.
It was the longest car ride home and I didn't remember the twists and turns of the road being so intense and painful before. My body was in a rage and my face was so intensely burning. The talking in the car turned into a muffled sounds and the scenery outside was blurry. I honestly don't remember getting into the house or into bed.
I awoke the next morning with my heart full of gratitude for priesthood blessings and a two little boys- who even though lots of times their fun is cut short, they understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment