#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Friday, October 11, 2013

Indian Chief

 Nathan had to do a book report presentation at school and had to pick an interesting person from the "old days" to talk about.  After throwing a few ideas up in the air he finally solidified it with a little help from Papa. He was going to be Chief Sitting Bull.

After checking out the book from the library, doing lots of research, making note cards, and practicing he was finally ready to transform into the chief.

The day of his report, Justin and I were able to meet at the school.  We walked down the hall and the smell of a delicious feast greeted us when we entered the room.  It looked like Thanksgiving.  The children all wore their costumes and were eating a hearty meal from their desks as they watched and cheered for each presentation.

You could tell they were loving this special day at school.

As I watched Nathan do his report I couldn't help but think he looked like an eighth grader.

After his presentation we turned to leave and Nathan came running up to us.  He scooped us up by our legs and shouted, "group hug!" 

It was a great moment.
 I love how his eyes look black with a little twinkle.  Perfect for an Indian.


No comments: