#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Day for MOM...

If there is one thing I love about life, it is the chance I got to be a mom.  For a few years I wasn't so sure it was going to happen for me.  After several miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy where I had one of my tubes removed, I received two, TWO miracles!

My heart and empty arms ached for a sweet baby.  All that time of waiting just made me never want to take these little guys for granted.

I love waking up every day knowing I get to plan it all around them.  Sometimes we stay in our jammies all day and they keep me company on the couch.  Sometimes we go on little outings to the library or park.  Sometimes we meet Justin for lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant and sometimes we play catch in the backyard while eating otter pops. 

Most of the time it's very simple.  And the joy of motherhood truly does come in moments.  But it's those glowy warm moments that keep you going and makes the hard days so very worth it.


Justin and the boys woke me up to the smell of my favorite french toast on challah bread.  Letters and drawings filled the table and for the entire meal I felt like the queen of England.  I may or may not have spoke in a British accent.

I had lost 5 pounds prior to mother's day but don't worry, I gained 7 more with all the chocolate from church and a yummy lemon cream cake I made my mom.  I think I ate the whole day and I liked it.

No comments: