This fall we took the kids with their bikes to our favorite park. Nathan has been trying to learn on a bike that is too big and it's been frustrating for him.
Our favorite park just happens to have short grassy flat surfaces with mild hills. Time after time, either Justin and I would hold his bike and go along side him with each turn ending up in a small crash.
At this park he was able to ride on the grass and get some courage, because even if he fell it would not hurt as much as if he was on the concrete. (Most of the time he wore a helmet, I don't know why he is not wearing it in these pictures- I think I was too excited to care.)
It was time to let go and see if he could do it. He went about 15 feet all by himself! Justin and I were jumping up and down screaming! Nathan was elated!
We took turns running beside him hooting and doing the victory dance with him! Even the other people at the park were getting in on the excitement celebrating with us.
All was well. Whew, another moment I hope NEVER repeats itself!
No comments:
Post a Comment