It was 6:30 am and I could hear someone scurrying around outside the door. When I went to see what was going on, I saw Papa grabbing Nathan and Kendall's legs, saying with as much excitement as a 5 year old, "Guys! Guys! It's Christmas!"
Papa was so excited, HE woke us up!!!
The best part of Christmas morning was watching the boys open their stockings. I learned a big lesson that morning. Kids don't need much to be happy.
The boys had no idea that Santa had left any other toys because they were covered up with sheets. After almost emptying that last bit of the stocking, I asked if that was it? Nathan yelled, "No, there are two more things in my stocking!" Boy were they surprised to see the rest of the unexpected stuff from Santa.
Nathan said with a huge toothless grin, "I didn't get anything I asked for!!!"
It was a fun morning complete with a french toast breakfast and another first: A CHRISTMAS WALK! The weather was amazing and no one even needed a jacket!
No comments:
Post a Comment