#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Fasting Club



A certain 8 year old in our family has been struggling with Fast Sunday.  I do admit, it is hard but when you know the "whys" behind it, it is so much easier.

I searched Pintrest for some ideas to help our family out.  Pintrest never disappoints.

 For FHE  I gave everyone a little spoonful of peanut butter and we talked about how good it tasted.  Then I gave them a piece of chocolate to add to their peanut butter and it took it to the next level. Delicious!

We talked about how fasting (peanut butter) is good but when you pair it with prayer and pondering (chocolate) it becomes amazing!

I then invited everyone to join our "Fasting Club" (idea from 71 toes) and sign a contract:

Hillan Family Fasting Club

In our club every fast Sunday, we will gather together and take turns telling each other what we believe and what we are thankful for.  We will share experiences we have had over the last month and share our love for each other as well as the Savior.

When a member of our family turns 8 years old they will be able to sign this document and join our club!  A delicious dessert is to follow dinner on these special fast Sundays.

Kendall really wanted to be in the club so we talked about how he could sign the contract and participate in everything but the fasting.  When he turns 8 he will start to fast.

I am so grateful for this family of mine and hope that this will bring us closer to each other and to our Savior.


No comments: