#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Monday, May 4, 2009

I Love Being A Mom....


EVEN WHEN:


You find your only $20 cash you've had all year in the toilet.

The lady in front of you took the last sanitizer wipe and you look down to see your toddler sucking on the shopping cart handle.

As you are driving 70 mph down the freeway, a large board book is chucked into the side of your head and as you react you try to miss the concrete barrier two inches from your front bumper.

Your cute munchkin has a cold and as he kisses you, you are wishing upon a star that it is only slobber you feel in your mouth.

You hear a loud bang, followed by another, and another, and another and realize you better hit the floor as balls and toys of all sorts come flying out of the ceiling fan.

As you are walking out the door with keys in hand and on time for your big important meeting, your sweet baby goes squirt-squirt in his pants yet again and you become known as the late girl.

You hear silence for 3 minutes and when you walk into the bathroom you notice big brother has taught little brother how to remove paper backing off every panty liner you own and are sporting a brand new look as well as redecorated the entire bathroom.

Your son(who of course you think is the SMARTEST and cutest) clips out a HUGE chunk of meat out of his tongue using dad's super sonic clean toenail clippers.

Your little one is thoughtful enough to cover your cute black shirt (the one you only were for special occasions) in peanut butter and orange marmalade throw up.

You hear your son jumping on his bed at 1 in the morning and realize he is doing the potty dance while still asleep. As you move at lightening speed to the bathroom you see that he relieves himself just before you get the toilet seat up.

You hear your kids screaming just as you place your razor right above your ankle.

The phone rings and they decide to go into meltdown mode. (every stinkin time!)

You walk into the bathroom wearing your favorite fluffy pink socks and are wishing so bad it was just water that is soaking in.

9 comments:

Jolene said...

Oh Alisa! You crack me up!! And I love your family picture! It's awesome, and so true to life! Love it!

Cardon Family said...

I love them all....so dang funny! Oh man...are we going to make it through their childhood!? sometimes I wonder!:)

Chels said...

Love the Pic and the list. It is good to hear from you and now I can keep up on you. It has been way to long.

Brittani said...

Oh the things kids do to our sanity!

Melissa said...

Oh I needed that laugh!! I am literally laughing out loud by myself right now. I love it!

The Palmer family said...

ALISA! Thanks for that laugh, that was great! The balls and toys and the ceiling fan is my favorite. That sounds fun, I remember doing that when I was little. HAAH!

Anonymous said...

OH girl, so true....you sure are going to have lots of fun stories to tell 20 years from now!

Markelle said...

those were great, I can totally relate! your kids are adorable btw. good to hear from you!

Niki Carter said...

Oh my! This was great! I love the picture on your header!