#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Once Upon A Time....

Warning: This post is extremely long and a tad bit personal, you may want to skip over:). This is a journaling post.

In July 2001, I had the opportunity to marry my prince. I have never looked back and and feel sometimes that I am playing the main character in a fairy tale. Yes, everyday is not always puppy dogs and rainbows but I can say that it is most of the time.

For Mothers Day Justin surprised me with a scavenger hunt with the kids. At each stop he told the kids a story that went with the clue. The crazy part was how much Nathan was into the stories and the whole hunt part. It was a blast! He is definitely more creative than I give him credit for. Here it is:

Clues

1. Go to the place where the magic began, where TRUTH was revealed and commitments made, all options out there and Mommy chose to start loving daddy and sealed it with a special action.


We went to the place where we had our first kiss, which was in the driveway of my parents house. Justin came home from his mission and was getting ready to go back out. He explained the situation to me and I began to fall in love with him from that day on because I knew he had his priorities in order. I sealed the deal and planted a great big smooch on him. Justin was emotional as he told the story. This is one of my favorite things about him.


2. Get in the car and start driving toward the place where many people go to see and hear the same thing many times during the day and evening. It’s a place where laughs are heard, tears are shed and relaxation can happen all in the same place.

Off we went where we had our first date: The AMC 24. We both love movies. He knew I had never been in a limo before, so he borrowed his dad's and picked me up. I sat in the back and he drove. On our way back from the movies, I kept smelling the WORST SMELL (if anyone knows me at all, you'll know I hate yucky smells!) Pretty soon I discovered that it was my feet!!! I had on these rubber sandals from target and it created bad news! He whipped the limo into the Safeway parking lot and off he went to buy me odor eaters. I thought to myself, Oh yea, I'm going to marry this man!


3. Wouldn’t you know it the next place to go is a place of beauty and magnificence, it’s a place that will be remembered for all time in Mommy and Daddy’s life. A place that has many many colors all around, and makes a great place for a nap!


This is the place where Justin popped the big question. We all got out of the car and went to the place he proposed and he told our engagement story. Nathan was way more into this than I could have ever imagined which of course deepened the experience for me.


4. Off we go again on the road to a place that springs forth with life and wonder, where miracles happen every day as well as hard to handle tragedy. Where emotions can range from joyful to misery, this is a truly a place set apart from all others.


We drove to sky ridge hospital where my babies were born. Justin took the boys and I to the new born nursery and told them the story of their births as we looked at all those tiny babies in their first few hours of life.


5. Time for a break, oh where shall we go, a place of bounty a plenty for all to enjoy, lets have a blast and wander to a place where they make excellent meals a place of delight and yummyness. Tucked away in a little corner it is by a SUPER TARGET we shall find this wondrous place!


One of our family's favorite places to eat is Costa Vida!


6. We have a good drive ahead of us with many places yet to go, lets go have some fun at a place we all love to go, where Watermelon seeds have flown and climbing have abounded, lets slide and have a blast so all will be astounded


We then made a quick pit stop to the Dairy Queen (little did I know this was part of the plan) for a little treat to off set our burritos and headed to our favorite park where tons of memories have been made. This is also the park where we have our 4th of July picnic every year.


7. To a place of magic and wonder, where worms are found and vegetables grow asunder! There is no place like it, we all love to go, where so many adventures happen and always get a show. So lets go enjoy the green bean cave and swing from the trees!


The answer to this clue is is my parents back yard. We live back here for about 10 months out of the year.


8. We’ll just drive past this next place, where mommy loves to eat her 2nd favorite treat! Nope not Dairy Queen as well all know mommy’s blizzard is long gone in the tummy it went and happy was she. No, this place has fun things for all, wonderful happy people to great and give free food away, we love to wake up and enjoy yummy things from here!

This is Chick fil a. Every Friday morning we load the kids up in the car, jammies and all and go have breakfast here. I look forward to this all week!


9. Onward we go to the place we get sun, the place we get wet and the place we have fun! Lets go enjoy for we all know we love to shake, rattle and roll. Take a deep breath for under we go for the first time this summer, off we gooooo!


The pool. We live here in the summer (along with the backyard)! We take strawberries, blackberry's, grapes, watermelon, sandwiches, frozen water bottles and spend all day here!


10. As tired campers we must journey onward to where? The next place of course! This is one of the most magical places of all! This place we all love (most of the time) when smells abound a plenty (good and bad). A wondrous place where there are no other worries in the world! Where running around is fun, acting like a dog is great, where drawing on the walls will get you in trouble, but hey who cares! We love this place! Lets go rest and enjoy the rest of the day!


This was one of my most favorite clues because we all love home. It is seriously one of my most favorite places to be in the entire world. When we got home there were roses, chocolate bars, and homemade cards from the boys. Pitter- patter, pitter-patter I don't want this day to end! Any ideas for father's day?



6 comments:

Martha said...

How precious is that?! I read the "a tad bit personal" part and I just HAD to keep reading!! Sis, that is so sweet! You're a great mommy! Happy Mother's Day!

Rachael said...

Wow I am way impressed! What a cute idea and the fact that a man thought of it totally blows me away! I hope you had a great mothers day. You are one of the moms I look up to!

Tamera said...

That is so sweet! What a clever Hubby you have. Sounds like this Mother's Day was awesome! Wonder how he'll top it next year. lol
Hey, give me a call. I tried to call you the other day!

KTLADY said...

Wow. That is amazing. Congratulations. Sounds like you had a wonderful day! You deserve it!

Leah Finch said...

SO CUTE! I need to call you and see what your plans are. The girls and I want to come and visit... around June 18th?

scott said...

That is just so sweet. No ideas, but when you come up with some (because you are just as creative), let me know. I need to get a head start on this!