#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mothers Day 2018

Mammy came over and crawled into bed with me this morning.  The boys spoiled us rotten.  Waffles with strawberries, scrambled eggs, and dark chocolates.  They shut the door and we got to laugh and talk uninterrupted.


My parents were young when they had me but that was my fault.  I had to get down to them as fast as I could.  I couldn't wait any longer.  Moms have a way of teaching us very important lessons.  Lessons I feel I will probably never master in this life.

My mom is simple yet full of substance.  She is classy to the core and has an energy and charisma that is as pure as you can get.  There is no one I would rather talk to 20 times a day.

I was showered with beautiful flowers and a homemade wall hanging of the mountains that Kendall hand stitched at school.

 I was surrounded by my sweet boys and thought about how much I love being a mom.  Then my second thought was that I cuss a lot in my head.  Being a mom is hard.  It's an ebb and flow of joy and misery and all the emotions in between.  I'm just embracing it all.  I will keep trying.

On this day I'm basking in gratitude for my little tribe.  I love them all so much my heart could burst.  And then I find the vacuum hose stuffed with 3 little pairs of socks in it and bright blue toothpaste all over the carpet and an empty container of fish food.  Well... that was fun while it lasted.

We headed to church and had a special lesson that Garrett and Stacy gave in Relief Society about women of light, the young men handed out bags of kisses, and a special treat was handed out after the class.

We changed our clothes and went to Mammy and Papas house for grilled chicken-thank you dad, salad, watermelon, and sweet potato fries.  We gave Mammy a book about the temple symbols, a mother-daughter necklace, and a bag that said you are my favorite.  So naturally, we had to fill it with all our favorite things about her.

The sisters were coming over to call their parents so we ate Aunt Peggy's famous banana cream pie at our house.

It was pretty much perfect... Sigh.





Kendall made me this mountain scene and I love it!  It makes me feel happy.

No comments: