Todd, Martha, Buddy, and Shay came down to spent the night on Friday. As soon as I picked up the boys from school they started getting ready for packed couple of days.
We all meet at Mammy and Papa's, ate some dinner (a pot luck of all sorts... pizza, chicken drumsticks, hamburgers, sweet potatoes, salad, and whatever else we found to eat) hung out, colored Easter eggs, dressed up, and ended up watching a British movie based on a true story.
The boys spent the night together on the living room floor at Mammy's and we reunited the next day for the first session of conference. So good!
A bit after it had ended the door bell rang and 4 FUN Easter baskets were waiting on the front porch! The boys got a matching shirt and shorts (their favorite is to match right now!), flip flops, a book, and some yummy colored Easter eggs filled with chocolates.
Then they noticed eggs were hidden all over the backyard!
They changed into their clothes and off they ran with Buddy to find some eggs! Chocolate, popcorn, and money filled the eggs!
We ate egg salad sandwiches,chips, fruit and veggies for dinner and watched the next session of conference. I will have to re-watch most of this session. I fell asleep, Justin had to go to a meeting, and we were keeping kids busy.
After Dinner the boys and I ran to a baptism for Berit Bergstrom. It was great and I love the spirit that always accompanies a baptism.
Martha was in charge of dinner after conference and she made a delicious pork roast, potatoes and gravy, salad, and the most delicious coconut cake for dessert. Yum!
We ran to TJ Maxx Home goods and Trader Joes while the guys watched priesthood session. I stocked up on some creamed honey and applesauce.
That night we said goodbye to Todd's crew and woke up the next morning to sleeping in. Finally, after we all rolled out of bed we ate some poached eggs and toast and got the conference board ready for Sunday morning session of conference.
This was by far my most favorite session. The boys listened really good and Justin and I got choked up several times. Such amazing talks! I love how a simple thing like watching conference can be so bonding for a family.
We ate lunch and went for a walk to the school by our house. We tossed around the football and enjoyed the spring blossoms and beautiful weather.
Mammy and Papa joined us for the final session of conference and after mom and I went for a walk. The day was too pretty to keep indoors.
Felt really grateful to live in such a beautiful world, to have just listened to a prophet on the earth, and for an amazing family.







No comments:
Post a Comment