#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Monday, April 20, 2015

A New Baby...

After Eight years we got the blessing of a lifetime.

A positive pregnancy test.


Many years my health was uncertain and Justin and I feared we would not be able to have any more children.

We had hoped and yearned and prayed for another baby but it seemed the Lord's timing was not ours.

I was making pancakes for dinner while waiting for Justin to come home from work.  As I flipped the pancakes, I decided to randomly run upstairs and take a "quick" pregnancy test.

I came back downstairs and plated the pancakes then ran back upstairs to throw the "negative" test away.

 I glanced down and saw TWO lines.  I began to shake.  I was overcome with every emotion you could go through for the next five minutes.

I immediately hit the floor and began to pour out my heart in gratitude.

I knew Justin would be coming through the door at any minute so I quickly got a pair of little baby boy infant shoes and placed it on our bed next to a little sign that said "Coming Soon."


When I heard Justin downstairs I called his name to come here.  I was in the bathroom pretending that everything was totally normal.  He came up and as if a magnet pulled him, he went straight to the new pair of little shoes.

He immediately got emotional.

 It wasn't just me on this trying journey but him as well. I was not the only one who dreamed of a new baby for years but him also.  He was by my side and experienced the same kind of emotional and mental pain.  Two steps forward one (or 500) step(s) backward- he had gone through it right there with me too.  We learned and overcame together and in turn our marriage and bond grew tighter and was strengthened because of many hard things.  It took me years to realize that hard things can actually turn into amazing blessings.

After asking me with tears streaming down his face, "Really?  Is this really?"

I shook my head yes and he then said, "We have to say a prayer!"

It was a day to remember and we couldn't be more thrilled to announce our little miracle due in December.







No comments: