Christmas morning was full of surprises, happy smiles, and hugs.
My favorite memory of Christmas happened on this morning when Nathan was giving Kendall his gift. He flew over to him hyperventilating, "Open this one! Open this one!"
Kendall ripped open the paper and realized what it was. A punching bag he has been wanting for months.
He wrapped his arms around Nathan and buried his head into his side thanking him. They hugged for a long time and we all got emotional watching this sweet love between the both of them.
The gift was not expensive but Nathan searched for a long time because he knew Kendall really wanted it. When he found it, he glowed. He wrapped it carefully and tucked it under the tree.
We drew names this Christmas and Kendall did the same thing when he drew Mammy's name. He was so excited for her to open his gift.
It was the first gift out from under the tree and he was beaming. He seemed to know that it was just the perfect thing for her.
I watch them learn a big lesson this Christmas. It truly is greater to give than receive.
Justin and I tried to give each other a few gifts but the ones that meant the most to us were the gifts form the heart.
Justin had written me a letter and had the boys write a letter. It was the last thing I opened that day and had brought up so many deep emotions. I love that guy with all of my heart.
Mom and I had made Justin and Dad a blanket (it was a labor of love and barley got finished in time) and I had made a collage of pictures, memories from the past year, for Justin to take to work. I was not expecting his reaction. He was in tears. It was so tender and a moment I will always associate with this Christmas.
Can't wait until next year!!
This year Nathan got:
a sleeping bag
a glow-n-the dark football
a pop gun
a BRONCO jersey
the Janitors book
warm gloves
Clue game
Monsters University movie
silly bands
a Lego watch
a new bag from GG
money from Grandma and Grandpa
a soft tip dart board from Mammy and Papa
Kendall got:
a sleeping bag
a glow-n-the dark soccer ball
a pop gun
a BRONCO jersey
Face Paint
warm gloves
Trouble game
Turbo movie
silly bands
a Lego watch
a new bag from GG
money from Grandma and Grandpa
a hover ball from Mammy and Papa
No comments:
Post a Comment