The house was buzzing about with an intense energy.
To be honest, I had none. After being told several times to go back to bed I finally obliged and boy am I glad I did. I was able to enjoy the night because of the rest I got.
We decorated the table and lounged around and waited for our guests to start arriving so that we could start the "Christmas Eve Festivities."
I'm so grateful that years ago my sister in law, Sara let me steal some of her traditions that she does on Christmas eve because it makes it so special and fun!
Grandpa, Grandma, Todd, Martha, Buddy, and Joann arrived just before dinner.
Dinner was fit for royalty. We ate like kings and queens. Ham, scalloped potatoes, salad, a fruit platter, and rolls.
After dinner the boys opened their Christmas Eve jammies. This is something I've done since I was born and I love that Mammy now does it for her grand kids.
We played a white elephant gift exchange game and got some amazing things thanks to Joann.
Then we headed downstairs for the spiritual part of the night. Justin had all sorts of Christmas snippets to watch. The Piano Guys- Emanuel, Amy Grant- Breath of Heaven, and one about the Wise Men that Uncle Sam had done the music for. The music was beautiful and it led perfectly into the next part of the night....
Hot chocolate and doughnuts by candle light while Justin read the Christmas story out of the Bible.
I glanced around feeling so happy and grateful wishing the feeling could last forever. I'm so grateful for the Savior. I love being able to focus on Him so much this time of year.
Justin and his mom sang some cute duets together and we had more laughing right before it was time to go to bed.
The night was magical.
No comments:
Post a Comment