#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween 2012


We had 2 ninjas, a spook and a witch.

Halloween was amazing this year.

Not just because the air outside was warm and the sky glowed pink with puffy gold clouds and the kids didn't have to wear a big winter coat and cover up their costumes.

Not because we have the most amazing ward that can pull off a mean trunk-or-treat decked out with Halloween family spirit.

It was because a ton of the cousins were together and I was having a "good" day.  You better believe I sucked in every breath and as I exhaled I whispered a little "thank you."    I squeezed Justin's hand and walked around the neighborhood taking in all the seasonal spookiness.  I was grateful I did not crash... until a few days later (just keeping it real :)).

One of the best parts of Halloween is a little tradition some of our friends make possible.  He happens to be our dentist and has a CANDY BUYBACK!

For every pound of candy, he gives the kids a dollar.  He then ships the boxes full of candy to the US troops.

The kids collect their money and sign a card for the troops, grab a pumpkin bar, some wassail, and get a goody bag.

They use their own money and we head to the movies!

Goodbye junk and I am a happy mama!

No comments: