#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Friday, June 10, 2011

Perfect Pancakes!


I have been on a search for the best pancake recipe for...a long time! These, my friends, are your lucky discs of joy. We love them so much, here at our house, that most of the time these are what we serve when we have "upside down dinner."

Serve with a little butter, real maple syrup, scrambled eggs, a side of turkey bacon, and a glass of orange juice. Or just by themselves- they won't disappoint.

I left out one little secret... they are whole wheat!

2 cups ground white wheat
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk- I use low fat = still good

Mix all together and pour 1/4 cup of batter on hot buttered griddle.

I got this from my mom, who got this years ago from Caroline Shaw. I'm passing it down and hope it ends up with my great, great, granddaughters.

*I have to add that my mom thinly slices bananas on them when they are on the griddle and boy howdy...good!

1 comment:

Mamie said...

WAITTTTTTTT..... What about your incredible syrup recipe too!!!!? I am serious you are top cook for sure!!!