#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Celebrating Dad

Justin's biggest dream came true on Father's day weekend. He got to go shooting and get some of his manliness out on the range. We, the kids and I stayed back to make sure all the preperations for fathers day were running smoothly.


Homemade wrapping paper with the kids hand prints (it's a fathers day tradition)-check
Gifts- check
Questionnaires about dad- check
Menu for breakfast in bed- check
Church clothes ironed for all three boys- check
Dessert made for family dinner- check
Slumber party beds ready in our room- check

The day was so relaxing. The boys actually gave Justin two breakfasts in bed, and he like a good sport gobbled them both down with a smile. We stayed in bed most of the morning, each taking turns passing around Justin's new shaver, trying to figure out how it works.

One of my favorite quotes is: "Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things." -Robert Brault

I feel like Justin really soaks in the boys and truly enjoys our "little things." They are lucky to have a dad like him. We are all lucky to have him.



Dinner was delicious. A big man feast. I loved spending the day thinking about "dads." Especially mine, because I love him pretty much more than anyone.

*This picture was taken on the same bleachers that my mom and dad held hands for the first time in 7th grade at Tibbets Jr High.

No comments: