Every Wednesday night during the summer, there is an outdoor movie in the Aspen Grove parking lot. We got the kids in their jammies, loaded the car with blankets, snacks, and drinks. When we arrived, the air was full of smells that made you grateful for summer nights! Kettle corn and homemade root beer. There was a massive blow up slide for the kids to play on while waiting for dusk to turn into night. Everything seemed perfect. The movie that was featured was Surf's Up. One we had not previously seen.The movie started and ended. By all means, I'm no movie critic but I was really disappointed. I felt uncomfortable as my three year old was watching crude scenes and thankfully not getting the "adult jokes". Some parts of the movie I actually got a little mad and my feathers were ruffled. Yes, I realize that there is far worse out there but I will not be purchasing this movie and bringing it into my home. Most of the movie was really funny and that is why I don't understand why they have to ruin it with tasteless scenes?
I've noticed something that came along once I became a mother. It's called "holy huge sensitivity to crap"! You feel a natural urge to protect your kids from all the junk that is out there in the world. Granted they will have to be faced with it some time and all you can do is try to teach and prepare them the best you can, but the age of three is not the age I prefer them to be exposed. Thanks...I'm done now:).

And while I'm giving my opinion so freely... Have you ever had these?! I just discovered these and my poor bottom is so sorry! Just read the name:
Ginger Lemon Cremes
English Tea Cookies
English Tea Cookies
7 words:
New Years Eve Party in my mouth!!!
New Years Eve Party in my mouth!!!
1 comment:
We've never seen that movie...but I guess I am not really that anxious to see it now. Looks like it was fun though and something different to do. I am glad that Justin had a good birthday!
Post a Comment