A guy named Justin Hillan had met all of my requirements on my lengthy list of qualities I had since I was a little girl. I had beyond a doubt, found the man of my dreams. He was in fact- the perfect boy I had been waiting so long to find.
It was until one night he came to my house to pick me up, wearing it. It was a certain shirt he wore on occasion that would throw a bit of a damper of my illusion of my Mr. McDreamy.
Yes, it was his Green. Scooby. Doo. T. Shirt.
For some reason this shirt really bothered me. In fact- I hated when he wore it. I didn't think mature, grown up, responsible, trying to win me over, guys should wear cartoon characters on their clothes. It was more for a 3 year old to parade all over town in- not my Justin taking me to a nice dinner.
I felt really guilty for feeling this way about a stupid t-shirt. In fact, I felt so guilty that I brought up my little "problem" to my mom. She then made me realize something I had never thought about. In one single instant my preconceived judgements about Justin's Scooby Doo t-shirt changed the way I thought about him- FOREVER. She said, "Alisa, don't you know that if he can wear that, it just means he will be the best dad ever. He will be up every Saturday morning with your kids in the living room, covered in pillows and blankets, with bowls of cereal, watching cartoons."
I was trying to change him when all this time it was the fun person that he is that I fell in love with. I know everyone thinks their husbands are the best dads, but Justin REALLY is. My boys LOVE him with all their hearts and I see it every morning when they wake up flapping their arms, so excited to see their dad.
Especially Saturday mornings.
4 comments:
CUTE!!!
that's really cute! It is a wonderful thing to have a husband who is a great dad! I have one of those too! We're so lucky!
loving the t-shirt! What a good dad...hope he had a great day!
p.s. the brownies look way too yummy!
Too stinkin' cute. Gotta love these dads. They truly are the best!
Post a Comment