#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Justin's Journey

Justin has been experiencing some major swelling in his right foot for a few months. He went to the Doctor and they sent him to the ER thinking he may have a blood clot. After an ultra sound, that was ruled out. He went to a foot specialist and they thought he had torn the sheath around his tendon or a membrane in his foot. They did an MRI and some x-rays and discovered that maybe he had some cysts as well. The Doctor wanted to do surgery and remove the cysts, repair the sheaths, and do some exploring as to why the swelling. Yesterday, they did the surgery and found no torn sheaths or cysts but they did find a tumor the size of a small apple that completely filled the inside of his ankle. They were able to get it all. We are so grateful that the Doctor found what was wrong and got all of it out. Justin is doing well and is on his way to a speedy recovery.

7 comments:

Cardon Family said...

I am so glad that he is doing well and they got it all out! How is he feeling? Is he going to have to be on crutches for six weeks? I wish I was there to help you with all those stairs!!!love you guys

Rachael said...

That is sooo crazy! I am glad they found it and that Justin is feeling well. We will keep him in our prayers.

The Hillan Family said...

Holy crap! That's insane! I'm glad that they found out what was wrong. We pray that the problem is resolved.
Jimmy

KTLADY said...

Oh my gosh. I can't believe all that happened. We are sure glad that the problem was fixed. Tell Justin we hope he heals quickly and he's a real trooper!! Now you can take care of all three of your boys! Good luck! Love, Katie

John Jenson said...

Wow! I can't believe it! I am really glad that they found it. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Rachel Clare said...

Alisa! What a story! I hope he's feeling good. And, I saw your grandma at the gym this morning (she's there like 3 times a week! it's great!) and she said that YOU have the FLU! I hope you're whole little family will be up on your feet soon!

kristina said...

oh my gosh! that is really scary!, i am so glad that they found the problem and took care of it. Hope he heals fast!!