I spent many days in the winter months dreaming of our first family of five road trip. I knew it would be when the grass turned green and wild flowers danced in the meadows off the road. I also knew that when we went it would mean that I was feeling good enough to make a drive and have energy to have a little fun at whatever destination we picked.
I was in pinch-me mode as we drove though the beautiful purple mountains of Colorado. I kept looking back at the seats filled with boys. Our boys. I snapped pictures and had a permanent grin on my face as Nathan and Kendall hung out the window though Eisenhower tunnel.
It was a magical, glowy, bottle me up feeling the whole day. My appreciation of this day burst through the exhaustion from the months prior.
We arrived a short 1 1/2 hours in the sweet little town of Silverthorne with one thing on our minds.
Ice cream.
The Higgins ice cream stand beckoned us to pull over and lured us in with mother nature in full swing all around. The river calmly flowed behind it and walking paths lined with huge pine trees invited us to take a stroll.
Our delicious cone of exotic flavors was definitely worth the $4.00 price tag.
We ended up at the outlets wandering in and out of shops. Justin found some new tennis shoes and we sat in wooden chairs under an onning while we waited for a afternoon storm to pass.
It was perfect day. Exactly how I dreamed it would be... only better.










No comments:
Post a Comment