#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Friday, July 17, 2015

Brandon's Homecoming...


There has been a tremendous amount of excitement in our home that grew the closer our trip to Texas approached.

We have been looking forward to seeing our nephew Brandon return from his mission to Brazil for months.

I met Brandon when Justin and I were dating and he was just six years old.  I had an instant love for him and his puppy dog brown eyes.  He won me over with his shy, heart of gold, respectful personality.  I have always been grateful for the way he has treated me, Justin, and especially my boys.

I was a proud Aunt as I listened to him give his homecoming talk.  It is always so amazing to see these boys leave for their missions and come back so solid.  His testimony that he bore pierced our hearts with conviction, peace, and love.  It affected Nathan so much that he keeps telling everyone that he wants to go to Brazil on his mission, "So Bad" and I know it is because of his cousin's influence.

We filled up the days and nights with  trips to the pool, In and Out Burger, an amazing homecoming talk, scooter rides, lots of video games with Jonah, Indian food, a bit of shopping, Kendall's new found love of the dog- Pepper, the movie Home, frozen yogurt, Basketball in the front with Logan, relaxing, the taco restaurant, and the grand finale...gut busting laughter at Uncle Gared's booty shaking with his shake-a-teers!

When we got to our house everyone found a couch or bed and napped the rest of the afternoon before even touching the luggage. (The boys just continued their nap from the plane ride.)

That is how you know you had a blast!














No comments: