#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Friday, January 17, 2014

Flag Ceremony


Nathan's scout troop got to present the flag for the Chatfield / Dakota Ridge varsity basketball game.

The scouts were waiting off to the side as all the players were warming up to loud "pump-up" music.  Mammy and I could not stop laughing at Nathan because he was shocked.  He had his arms to his side with his hands in fists and his mouth was wide open.  The players looked huge to him and the gym was FULL of cheering student body.

Nathan said that during the ceremony all the boys were whispering, "Salute! Salute!"

They did great!

After, Nathan came and sat next to us.  He decided to cheer for Dakota Ridge and got really into the game. We slipped out to get some bottles of water and a bag of chips and returned to watch Dakota Ridge seal the victory.

As we were walking out I asked Nathan what he thought and he said, "I was so embarrassed!  Here we are in our scout uniforms in front of ALL the teenage cheerleaders!"




No comments: