#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Friday, August 23, 2013

Kingergarten for Kendall


  My first day of school was Friday, August 23rd.  It was really AWESOME!  I wore a blue shirt and blue shorts.  For breakfast I ate oatmeal with brown sugar and ice cubes.  My friend and my mom took me to school.  My teacher is Mrs. Lawrence and my new friend is Nathan.  The first thing I did when I got in the classroom was walked in the door and put our lunch boxes in a bin.  Then I sat down at circle time.  My favorite part of the day was eating at the cafeteria.  What I didn't like about my day was if you are bad you have to change your card and talk to your parents about a rough day.  When it was time to go home I felt HAPPY and EXCITED because I can see my mom.  Tomorrow I am excited to have so much fun and eat at the cafeteria.


 Well... I'm not going to lie.  The first day of kindergarten was ROUGH.  It started great.  My friend Tamera came and picked us up and we all headed up to the school together.

Excitement filled the car and we exchanged high fives.  We skipped up to the classroom and looked around at lots of kids giving their moms a smile.  Kendall managed to give me a half forced jittery smile and the bell rang.

He locked onto my leg with a white knuckle grip and looked up at me.  He squeaked, "I don't want to go to kindergarten anymore!"

I was thinking in my head, "I know! Lets just run outta here!"

He started to get big alligator tears that filled his eyes.  So did I. Then I got a miracle.  My voice was smooth and not shaky and my tears did not spill out (until back at home) and I tried to reassure him over and over making kindergarten seem to be like the most amazing party of the century but he was not having it.

I managed to walk up to the classroom keeping my let straight while I swung it around so that Kendall wouldn't fly off.

Mrs Lawrence had to pry him off my leg and take him in the rest of the way.  I said goodbye, turned to leave, and didn't look back.

I was glad to be with my friend and grateful that she drove.

When we picked up the kids, I've never been more ready to hug them and hear about EVERY part of their day.


Love, love Mrs. Lawrence and Mrs. O'Brien.  They were Nathan's teachers when he was in Kindergarten.

That was one thing that really helped Kendall to feel better was already knowing Mrs. Lawrence.  We came to the school a lot to help and for all the class parties when Nathan had her.  Kendall knew that she was super nice.

We also got lucky to have Barrett in the same class too! 

No comments: