#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Learning...


I have so much inside of me and am finding that the only way to release it, is to write. Bare with my ramblings.

I feel like most everything that has happened since January 19th is so insignificant. I have had a attitude of truth that has erupted inside me and with that being said, it's plain and simple. Life is hard.

I wish so badly that I could take turns with everyone who loves Sara and Doug take this away from them. The first day it would be my turn, then the next day it would be someone else's turn. Each day we take this burden and would lighten this load until one day it was bearable and we could turn it back over to them. I know that this is how the atonement works when we hand it over.

I found a quote on someones blog who lost a little boy. It is a different perspective of time and helped me understand it better.

"If only we could fully PIERCE through time, and sense the eternities in WHOLE, we would see that without time, there is no past, or future, or present. That our little ones have never left us. It really is only time that separates us... "

I love the thought that Luke is around us (especially his mom, dad and brothers) and has never left and that is a comfort.

I am so grateful for tools that we have accumulated in our toolbox to be used in this journey we call life. Some tools we get from past experiences and some tools we may even need to borrow from others. Some tools we need to replace, and others we need to sharpen. Some tools are fancy while others are quite simple. Some tools we pay a hefty price for while others are given to us. Some tools come in the form of family and close friends, and some tools we have no idea how to use until a certain circumstance arises. Soon we get an abundance of tools and eventually are able to share ours with others. By the end of our life, our toolbox becomes one of our most prized possessions and is literally priceless.

I hold one tool precious to me above all others and that is my knowledge and my testimony of the of the gospel of Jesus Christ. That, sprinkled with a dash of sense of humor will help in this mortal journey. It will not take hurt and pain away, but it will lighten the load.

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those that love the Lord will be added unto them in his own way. While it may not come at a time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude." -Joseph B. Wirthlin

I am looking forward to that great reunion and will forever anticipate that day of rejoicing.

5 comments:

Erin said...

That is beautiful Alisa. I love it.

WeAreTheRopers said...

Loves ya!

Shannon said...

There is a family in my mom's ward that lost their teenage daughter on a youth trip to Martin's Cove. It has been so sad for the whole ward. The mom spoke on Sunday and talked about a quilt they have in their family room. The woman who made it ran out of white fabric for the back and ended up patching the rest with a bit of blue. She had the feeling she needed to give the quilt to this family , and when she did she told them the white represents all of eternity, and the little patch of blue is the time they will have to spend without Morgan. So they keep the quilt hung in their family room with a picture of their daughter so they can remember. I thought of you when My mom told me that. You're all in our prayers.

WeAreTheRopers said...

Saw these and thought of you guys: http://alittlelovelyblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/custom-prints.html

Anonymous said...

This is so beautifully written Alisa. It really made me think.