Today was Nathan's first sacrament meeting primary program. He arrived wearing his Sunday best, polished shoes, freshly pressed shirt, and socks that matched his tie.
His turn arrived and he delivered beyond my expectations, "My dad protects my family."
I then turned into one of those mom's I've made fun of my whole life. I just about jumped out of the pew- trying to contain myself, I regained my composure, gave him an air high five, thumbs up signal about three times, and sang every song right along with him mouthing it extra big so that he could remember the words.
I then proceeded to think about how the last 4 and a half years I have been so richly blessed because of him. People have often told me that their kids teach them so much and it's so true. This short little time I have with him I will cherish forever. If I could freeze time, I would do it now.
There is nothing quite like a little guy wrapping his arms around you and telling you that he loves you. There is nothing like the pure sound of a giggle echoing through the walls of your home. Or an act of kindness that melts away the cold. There is nothing like witnessing all the "firsts" and the feeling that you get so deeply rooted in your soul. Or getting to know his personality beyond your wildest dreams.
He has the ability to lighten my load, to make me laugh, and strive to be the best mom I can be.
I love him.
3 comments:
So cute. I love it.
I love it! I think we all end up being those overly-enthusastic, go-getter Mom's that we all make fun of and you know what....so what! We had our ward primary program yesterday too and I was singing really big right along with them! lol
Primary program was great. Your little guys are my new favorites.
Post a Comment