
Meet
Goliath. He is the newest member of our family, currently living in our living room. This is the first time we have ever ventured into the forest to cut a live tree.
Luckily, we had a secret
weapon... Cody. She
supplied the tarp, ropes, cutting device, and hot
cider. I know, we just might keep her.

Hunting for "the tree".

Yup. Justin found the tallest
ponderosa that would clear our 14 ft
ceilings. Okay, so it's not your average looking Christmas tree and I was a little
leary but when he hoisted that thing up and anchored it down with a wire, I don't think we have ever laughed that hard!

And now, it just might be a new
Hillan family tradition. We love the scraggly, yummy pine smelling, dripping sap all over the carpet,
ginormous,
Christmas tree.
7 comments:
I love it! You guys are the greatest!
I LOVE the tree! I can just imagine the whole thing and I am laughing so hard! I bet it was a blast! And now your "christmas tree corner" is filled up a whole new way....like from top to bottom....instead of bottom to top! So Great and festive!
That is so classic...you will have to make it a tradition to post that picture of the tree every year. I'm not going to show Kyle this post because every year he begs me to go into the mountains and get a Christmas Tree and I don't think I'm quite ready for it. ;)
That is great. How fun. You two are great for eachother. Don't take it for granted!
That may be one of the strangest looking Christmas trees I have ever seen!! Those are the best kind! James and I had a good laugh when we were trying to put our huge tree in a base that was too small. It was teetering back and forth and I was face first into the tree trying to hold it up while he screwed it in. Then, "grandma got ran over by a reindeer" came on - it may be the most annoying Christmas song ever! It was so loud and the kids were running around screaming and trying to climb all over James. It was a moment in time for sure.
Oh how fun! I'm jealous of how your house smells right now. I grew up with fresh Christmas trees and then I maried a firm believer in the cost efficiency of a fake one. All I have now is candles and room spray. I got your cute card too. Thanks. You should get mine too if I ever get around to ordering them :)
You guys are brave!! I've never gone out to choose a real Christmas tree...my mom always had the fake ones. Maybe one Christmas when Alec is older I'll get to experience the adventure! Thanks again so much for the breakfast...everything was amazing! Please pass some recipes to me so I can impress Steve...hehe. He wanted eat French Toast again today! Hope you're all well, see you tomorrow!
Post a Comment