#header-inner { width: 900px; margin: auto; }

Thursday, December 6, 2007

G.G.'s Stockings and Holiday Traditions!


I think I'm the biggest sucker for a good tradition! Coming in at a close second is my Gram, (or as Nathan calls her, GG- Great Gram) She has always made Christmas so special and FUN! I LOVE when the doorbell rings and there is a package from her. Christmas tins overflowing with goodies - her special fudge, English toffee, peanut brittle, and delicious popcorn. Gifts wrapped with love and big bows. Ever since I can remember, we got to open a package, topped with a little bear personally selected for each grandchild on Christmas eve. Inside the gift is always jammies. A few years ago she began a new tradition for all of her great grand babies. She creates a stocking just for them. They are so detailed and I appreciate all her work she does on them especially since she has arthritis in her hands and I know this must be so hard.
Thank you!
It seems like I'm always on the hunt for the perfect tradition to start with my own family. A friend shared this with me and I thought it sounded so fun, (this would especially make good memories for kids). A few nights before Christmas, The family gets their pillows and blankets out and puts them by the Christmas tree. A treasure hunt is planned. In the treasure box are lots of items, such as: a Christmas movie, Christmas books, flashlights, yo-yo's, games, treats- and pretty much whatever else you want. The family goes on the treasure hunt. They spend the evening playing with the items in the treasure box then all fall asleep by the tree. If you have any good traditions- let me know!

This is GG, when she was little. I think she is so cute!

GG in her Christmas jammies- laughing as Kendall squawks.


8 comments:

The Palmer family said...

What a fun post about Gram! I just love her stockings, they are so pretty. I'm gonna have to post pictures of our stockings. Thanks for the idea :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute you pay me. I am so blessed to have such wonderful GreatGrandbabies to do this for and it makes me Happy that you love them and the tradition. Thanks you for the compiment. Love GG

kristina said...

That is so sweet of your "gram" what a fun tradition!

Rachael said...

Oh my gosh those stockings are amazing! I have always loved your grandma so much! It looks like you guys are going to have such a great Christmas!

KTLADY said...

Your Grandma is the best. I love seeing her around town. She always gives hugs and treats us like family. And of course she gives us updates on her sweet baby boys!!! She is SO PROUD of all of you!!!
Those are awesome stockings... gives me a lump in my throat to think of all the love and time she puts into it with arthitis and all. What a sweetie. Love you! Katie

Cardon Family said...

I love Kendall's stocking! Gram is the best and is sooo talented and is always thinking of those grandbabies! She really was a pretty little girl....and still is! I love that new tradition about sleeping under the tree....how fun is that? and the scavenger hunt....what a fun tradition! love you

Johnson Family said...

Hey! I am so excited that you saw my blogspot! Your page is so super cute and your little boys are adorable. How is everything going for you? You and your fam are gorgeous! Oh, and I love your Gram too...she's so fun! Anyway, it's awesome to hear from you!

Leah Finch said...

I Love Gram! I refuse to say your Gram, because she is also my Gram!!!!